She recently nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award which is this super nice award devised to spread some love around the blogosphere and inspire people to keep blogging (Can you believe I got awarded? I’m still grinning like a loon in shock). Since today is Love Note Day, I couldn’t think of a more perfect day to show some appreciation to my fellow bloggers 🙂
First things first, you should definitely check out Megan’s blog. She’s one of the funniest writers I’ve come across in a while. Here’s proof!
Second, I got nominated *dances around the room*!!!
My Story: This blog started out as a medium for me vent out my frustrations, flex my writing muscles and carve a small place for myself. The only thing that’s changed is now people talk back 🙂 It’s an incredible, heartening feeling to know that you’re writing for an audience that’s actually listening.
With only two months of concentrated blogging (after a long hiatus) under my belt, here’s what I’ve learnt:
A. Plan, plan, plan
While most of my posts are spin-offs of daily conversations, I find that having a flexible editorial calendar helps me juggle multiple blog post ideas in my head. Some will be at a formative stage, some are reminders for topical days and some are free writing prompts. Added bonus, keeping a calendar has actually helped me post more frequently.
B. Pay It Forward
I think most of us forget that at its core, blogging is a social platform. We get so excited to share our ideas and opinions with this vast universe that we forget to form those bonds and invest in them. I try to carve out days or even 30 minutes every alternate day to just browse through blogs and leave comments on those that strike a chord with me. It’s sorta like leaving a trail of conversation bread crumbs that you can pick up at a later point. After all, you never know where a conversation or a random comment might take you.
So, that’s my story folks! Now for The Rules, if you’re nominated:
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing! (It happens LOL).
- Please note this challenge is not mandatory.
And now the part you’ve all been waiting for: The Nominees *drumroll please*
- The Swedish Kiwi
- Miss Sophia Blog
- Parul at HappinessandFood
- Amelia at Keep Your Feet
- The Fat Boho
- Meg Sorick
- Because I’m Cheap
- Michelle at Teacups & Typewriters
- Mel at Stirrup Queens
- The Moving Quill
- The Summer Diaries
Just as a fun addition, Bonus Points for those that answer this in their award post:
The baton has now been passed. Hope you all have fun with this award and I can’t wait to read your posts 🙂